Pistachio Power Heads to the Capitol
American Pistachio Grower Director of Government Relations Rob Nash traveled to Washington D.C. to advocate on behalf of American Pistachio Grower members.
Rob’s daily agenda was packed with meetings, presentations and having the voice of APG members heard. While in D.C., he shared the mission of APG growers with:
- U.S. International Trade Commission to discuss questionnaire used for sunset review process
- U.S. Dept. of Agriculture to discuss EC Ochratoxin Program and new aflatoxin regulations
- U.S. Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS) to discuss the Farm Bill
- Chinese Agriculture Counsellor at the Embassy of Peoples Republic of China to discuss increased pistachio tariffs in China
- Participated in Specialty Crop Farm Bill Alliance lobbying day on Capitol Hill to promote the continued funding for Specialty Crop Research Initiative (SCRI), Market Access Program (MAP), Technical Assistance for Specialty Crops (TASC) and other federal programs assisting specialty crops.