POSTED MAY 24, 2018
What Information We Collect
Information You Provide to APGPower.org Directly
APG may collect different information from or about you depending on the way you use our website. The following examples are provided to help You better understand the information We may collect through your use of the apgpower.org website.
We will collect any information you provide to Us directly such as the following:
In order to use certain features of the APG website, such as creating a member profile, purchasing a publication, registering for a meeting or event, or applying for an APG program, You are required to create an Account, and in that case, We will collect and store any personal information You provided to Us, such as first name, last name, company name, company address, phone, fax, e-mail address, payment and billing information, and credit card information.
Information Received Through 3rd Party Platforms:
You may access apgpower.org through 3rd Party Platforms, such as Facebook. If You use Our apgpower.org website on or through a Third-Party Platform, including via any any mobile and/or other Internet-connected devices (“Wireless Devices”), or click on third party links, the collection, use, and disclosure of Your information and Your use of the apgppower.org website will also be subject to the privacy policies and other terms of such third parties or Third-Party Platforms. You should review such privacy policies, terms, and other agreements.
Information We Collect Through Automated Means
When You access the apgpower.org website, we collect certain information by automated means. This information may include without limitation: (a) technical information about Your computer or Wireless Device, such as Your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device ID, browser, browser language, domain and other systems information, platform types (collectively, “Technical Information”); and (b) usage statistics about Your interaction with the apgpower.org website, including pages accessed, time spent on pages , pages visited, search queries, click data, date and time, and other information regarding Your use of the apgpower.org website(collectively, “Usage Data”).
Geolocation Information: IP addresses received from Your browser or device may be used to determine Your approximate location, such as the city, state and/or country associated with an IP address.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information about you for several purposes, including:
Providing, Improving and Developing our Services
- Reviewing and analyzing User browser and wireless device technical information;
- Reviewing user activity across apgpower.org (for example, APG analyzes trends and User traffic and usage information to identify determine the performance of content, research reports or events);
- Processing or recording payment transactions or money transfers;
- Otherwise providing you with the APG products and features you choose to use;
- Displaying your historical transaction or appointment information;
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our Services;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Delivering the information and support you request, including digital receipts, invoices, and scheduling information;
- Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our Services;
- Measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of our Services.
Communicating with You About Our Services
- Responding to questions or concerns;
- Sending you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us about our products, services and the industry we serve;
- Sending push notification to your desktop or wireless device to provide updates on relevant resources and content, which can be managed through your computer or smartphone browser;
- Manage your account preferences, establish your profile and registration information;
- Conducting surveys and collecting feedback about our industry and Services.
- Protecting our Services and Maintaining a Trusted Environment
- Enforcing our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies;
- Verifying your identity;
- Complying with any applicable laws or regulations, or in response to lawful requests for information from the government or through legal process;
- Fulfilling any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services;
- Analyze trends and user traffic, track purchases and usage information;
- Contacting you to resolve disputes and help with our Services.
Advertising & Marketing
- Marketing of our Services, events, research, and products;
- Communicating with you about opportunities, products, services, contests, promotions, discounts, incentives, surveys, and rewards offered by us and select partners;
- If we send you marketing emails, each email will contain instructions permitting you to “opt out” of receiving future marketing or other communications.
- If we obtain any Personal Information from you, we will not sell it to third parties. It may be used internally as part of special merchandising and promotion programs and we may disclose non-personally identifiable compilations of information to third parties for marketing related purposes.
To learn about your choices regarding interest-based advertising and cross-device tracking, please see below.
- If you provide APG with your contact information to receive receipts via email, we may store the email address or phone number you provide. We use your email address or phone number to send you a receipt for your purchase. Digital receipts may contain additional messages, offers, or links that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be able to submit feedback or visit websites.
If you wish to opt out of receiving automatic digital receipts or change your preferences, please see below.
For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services from time to time.
When & With Whom We Share Your Information
We may share your information with third-party companies that perform services on Our behalf, including for payment processing, order fulfillment, data analysis, marketing services, advertising services (including but not limited to retargeted advertising), e-mail and hosting services, and customer services and support. These third-party service providers may access Your personal information and are required to use it solely as directed by Us for Our requested service.
Analytics & Data Enrichment Services
We use third-party analytics such as Google Analytics, to help understand Your usage of our services and to improve our Service.
Aggregate or De-identified Information
We may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose.
Social Media Features
How Long We Retain Your Information
We generally retain your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. However, we can retain copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations, or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce other applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
APG will offer users the ability to anonymize the information we collected about you. This allows the specific information collected (name, email, address, phone number, etc.) to become anonymous but allows APG to keep the transaction or engagement data. For example, APG will not be able to tell if Jill Pistachio registered for an event, but we will be able to tell that a person registered for an event and maintain headcount and transactional history. This will allow APG to maintain a level of information that helps us develop and improve our products and services.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies
Like many online platforms, apgpower.org and its analytics vendors use server logs and automated data collection tools, such as browser cookies, pixel tags, scripts and web beacons. These tools are used for analytics purposes to enable APG to understand how Users interact with the APG services. APG and its analytics vendors may tie the information gathered by these means to the unique account ID of Users.
Cookies are small text files placed on a computer or device while browsing the Internet. Cookies are used to collect, store and share bits of information about User activities. Apgpower.org uses both session cookies and persistent cookies.
A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to the APG services and collect information about interaction with the APG service. These cookies expire after a short time, or when the User closes their web browser after using the APG service. APG uses these cookies to identify a User during a single browsing session, such as when you log into the APG services. This helps APG improve the Service as well as improve the Users’ browsing experience.
A persistent cookie will remain on a User’s device for a set period specified in the cookie. APG uses these cookies to identify and recognize a specific User over a longer period. They allow apgpower.org to:
- analyze the usage of the apgpower.org services (e.g. what links Users click on) to improve our offering
- test different versions of the APG services to see which features or content Users prefer to optimize the APG services
- provide a more personalized experience to Users with more relevant content and course recommendations and allow Users to more easily log in to use the APG services
- Persistent cookies include preferences cookies to remember information about a User’s browser and settings preferences, such as preferred language.
- Preference cookies make the User experience more functional and customized authentication and security cookies to enable a User to log in or stay logged in and access the APG service, to protect User accounts against fraudulent log-ins by others, and help detect, and protect against abuse or unauthorized usage of User accounts.
- Functional cookies to make the experience of using the APG service better, like remembering the sound volume level selected by the User.
Apgpower.org uses tracking technology to: determine if a certain page was visited (e.g. the landing page of an advertisement for APG services that is displayed on third-party sites) or whether an email sent by APG was opened or clicked on by a User; and to customize the learning experience of individual Users by recommending specific courses and other content.
Apgpower.org will retain the data of Users for as long as instructed by the Customer. APG will delete certain or all personal data relating to Users upon request of the Customer.
User Preferences with respect to cookies & other tracking technologies
A User can set his or her web browser to notify about the placement of new cookies, limit the type of cookies or reject cookies altogether; if enabled, a User may not be able to use some or all the features of the APG services (for example, may not be able to log in). General information about cookies and how to disable them can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org
Most modern web browsers give you the option to send a Do Not Track signal to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. However, there is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this signal, and we do not take any action in response to this signal. Instead, in addition to publicly available third-party tools, we offer you the choices described in this policy to manage the collection and use of information about you.
3rd Party Advertising & Analytics
Examples of our third-party service providers to help deliver our Services or to connect to our Services include:
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to understand how our Services perform and how you use them. To learn more about how Google processes your data, please visit Google Privacy & Terms. To opt out of Google Analytics please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Facebook: We use Facebook to advertise and market our services, and to enable our customers to market their services. To learn more about how Facebook uses your data please visit their Help Center or log on to your Facebook account and access your settings. To understand more about Facebook advertising please visit About Facebook Ads.
You may access, change, or correct information that you have provided by making a request to us using the contact details below, in which case we may need to verify your identity before granting access or otherwise changing or correcting your information.
Do Not Track
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Apgpower.org, if those messages, are powered by APG, by following the instructions in those messages. Opting out of receiving communications may impact your use of the Services. If you decide to opt out, we can still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts that you request.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information. We hold information about you both at our own premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about our disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us using the listing below.
Please contact APG with any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice.
American Pistachio Growers
9 River Park Place East, Suite 410
Fresno, CA 93720
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our notice, or if you believe our notice or applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information have not been respected, you may file a complaint with our APG using the contact information listed above, and we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response. We may request additional details from you regarding your concerns and may need to engage or consult with other parties to investigate and address your issue. We may keep records of your request and any resolution.